18. Data Retention Policy
Despite not being a requirement within HIPAA, Insight Rx understand and appreciates the importance of health data retention. Acting as a subcontractor, and at times a business associate, Insight Rx is not directly responsible for health and medical records retention as set forth by each state. Despite this, Insight Rx has created and implemented the following policy to make it easier for Insight Rx Customers to support data retention laws.
18.1 State Medical Record Laws
18.2 Data Retention Policy
- Current Insight Rx Customers have data stored by Insight Rx as a part of the Insight Rx Service.
- Once a Customer ceases to be a Customer, as defined below, the following steps are
- Customer is sent a notice via email of change of standing, and given the option to reinstate account.
- If no response to notice in #1 above within 7 days, or if Customer responds they do not want to reinstate account, Customer is sent directions for how to download their data from Insight Rx and/or to have Insight Rx continue to store the data at a rate of $25/month for up to 100GB. If there is more than 100GB of data, Insight Rx will work with Customer to determine storage costs.
- If Customer downloads data or does not respond to notices from Insight Rx within 30 days, Insight Rx removed data from Insight Rx systems and Customer is sent notice of removal of data.